Framework design, initialization and framework usage

Ron Tarrant rontarrant at gmail.com
Wed May 8 13:31:40 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 8 May 2019 at 10:21:34 UTC, Robert M. Münch wrote:

> However, I'm happy to post some updates/screenrecordings to
> show our progress.

Works for me.

> What are you interested in or what would you do with such a
> framework?

You sparked my interest because it sounds like you're working on
something similar to what I cover in a blog I've been writing
since January (http://gtkdcoding.com).

Rather than write something from scratch like you guys (I'm not
that brave) I take an OOP approach to GtkD, modularizing so it's
as close to using Lego as possible.

This blog is a revamp of another I started back in 2006 for
PHP-GTK, but using D rather than PHP and updated to GTK 3.x. The
original also included an application framework (which I haven't
yet reproduced in D) with a pluggable do/undo/redo system.

So you can see why I perked up when I read your thread.

And I assume your framework is written with D as a base language?
And you said it's cross-platform, too? Windows, Mac, Linux? Are
any of the BSDs supported?

Assuming all that, we're very much of the same mind:
cross-platform GUI applications made fast-n-easy using a single
language and toolkit.