Meta question - what about moving the D - Learn Forum to a seperate StackExchange platform?

bachmeier no at spam.net
Fri Oct 18 12:51:35 UTC 2019

On Friday, 18 October 2019 at 07:35:21 UTC, Martin Tschierschke
wrote:
> If I search for what ever, not related to D, I very often end
> with a solution
> found on one of the StackExchange forums like StackOverflow or
> AskUbuntu etc.
>
> The main advantage is, that all answers can be classified
> (up/down voted, moderated etc.)
> This is much better than finding something in the D-Learn Forum
> where it is difficult to see,
> if several answers are given are they still valid, especially
> if they are some years old.
>
> I know that this was asked in the D survey and I think it
> should be on the table again.
>
> If we unite for this idea, it should be possible to start an
> own "DExchange" sub platform.
>
> Best regards mt.

You can already ask questions on SO. What you are proposing is to
close this forum, require registration to ask a question, and let
JavaScript developers close questions and treat new users rudely.
That doesn't seem like a good idea. The fact that most questions
get asked here rather than on SO now suggests that there isn't
much demand for SO.