Meta question - what about moving the D - Learn Forum to a seperate StackExchange platform?

Martin Tschierschke mt at smartdolphin.de
Fri Oct 18 13:30:37 UTC 2019

On Friday, 18 October 2019 at 12:51:35 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> On Friday, 18 October 2019 at 07:35:21 UTC, Martin Tschierschke
> wrote:
>> If I search for what ever, not related to D, I very often end
>> with a solution
>> found on one of the StackExchange forums like StackOverflow or
>> AskUbuntu etc.
>>
>> The main advantage is, that all answers can be classified
>> (up/down voted, moderated etc.)
>> This is much better than finding something in the D-Learn
>> Forum where it is difficult to see,
>> if several answers are given are they still valid, especially
>> if they are some years old.
>>
>> I know that this was asked in the D survey and I think it
>> should be on the table again.
>>
>> If we unite for this idea, it should be possible to start an
>> own "DExchange" sub platform.
>>
>> Best regards mt.
>
> You can already ask questions on SO. What you are proposing is
> to close this forum, require registration to ask a question,
> and let JavaScript developers close questions and treat new
> users rudely. That doesn't seem like a good idea. The fact that
> most questions get asked here rather than on SO now suggests
> that there isn't much demand for SO.

I am not for moving just to StackOverflow, but to make an own
"DExchange" / "AskD" or what ever named learn platform with and
inside the StackExchange [1] technology. This should keep D users
together and would avoid mixing with other languages. But I am
not sure if this is really achievable for us.

[1] https://stackexchange.com/sites#