Any 3D Game or Engine with examples/demos which just work (compile&run) out of the box on linux ?

Ferhat Kurtulmuş aferust at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 08:59:50 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 20 October 2019 at 22:48:25 UTC, Jonathan Marler wrote:
> On Friday, 18 October 2019 at 06:11:37 UTC, Ferhat Kurtulmuş
> wrote:
>> On Friday, 18 October 2019 at 05:52:19 UTC, Prokop Hapala
>> wrote:
>>> Already >1 year I consider to move from C++ to Dlang or to
>>> Rust in my hobby game development (mostly based on physical
>>> simulations
>>> https://github.com/ProkopHapala/SimpleSimulationEngine). I
>>> probably prefer Dlang because it compiles much faster, and I
>>> can copy&paste C/C++ code to it without much changes.
>>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> I cannot make any comment for others. But Dagon should work. I
>> wrote a very little demo game some time ago
>> https://github.com/aferust/dagon-shooter. I didn't try to
>> compile and run it on Linux.I think you need to have a
>> nuklear.so in your path, since Bindbc loaders try to load

It looks like the maintainer of dagon changed the API a lot. I
could run my demo game using version 0.10.0. dub.json:

{
	"description": "My first project",
	"dependencies": {
		"dagon": "0.10.0",
		"bindbc-soloud": "*"
	},
	"authors": [
		"aferust"
	],
	"copyright": "Copyright © 2019, aferust",
	"license": "Boost",
	"name": "dagon-shooter"
}

But texture rendering seems weird for some reason. Obviously,
dagon-shooter needs some updates according to new dagon API