Good way let low-skill people edit CSV files with predefined row names?

Laeeth Isharc laeeth at laeeth.com
Fri Oct 25 21:58:27 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 24 October 2019 at 17:41:21 UTC, Dukc wrote:
> On Thursday, 24 October 2019 at 16:50:17 UTC, Dukc wrote:
>> Hmm, I need to check whether I can do that on LibreOffice Calc.
>
> Unfortunately, no. If there's a way to do that, it's not
> obvious.
>

>> I should be able to make an easy-to-use excel-to-csv
>> translator using Atilas Excel utilites without too much effort.
>
> This was wrong: Atila's Excel-d enables writing plugin
> functions, but not reading the spreadsheets. There are other
> DUB utilities for that, though.
>
> I quess I will give my employer two options: Either the price
> variables are in an one-column CSV and I distribute the key
> column separately so they don't mess it up, or I take my time
> to do a GUI solution.
>
> Unless somebody has better ideas?

Another Symmetry project allows reading Excel files and a third
is wrapper and bindings around a C library to write Excel files.
We use them in production daily though there may be rough edges
for features we don't use.

I should think you can use a Javascript library and call it from
D.  See trading views repo by Sebastian Koppe for an example of
this.  Bindings are manual currently but he will work on
generating them from the Typescript bindings in time.