Why many programmers don't like GC?

sighoya sighoya at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 13:05:31 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 14 January 2021 at 11:11:58 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:

> I know your response is *tongue in cheek*, but I actually find
> it easier to use c++11 style memory management across the board
> than mixing two models.

But this is already the case for C++ and Rust. Remembering the
days back developing in C++ there were a huge amount of memory
deallocation side effects because opencv's memory management
differs from qt's memory management.
Just to say it was a hell.

Personally, I find it better to prefer encapsulating manual
memory management and not to leak them outside.