No rdmd.exe in /bin64 on Windows - is this an issue?

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 01:02:18 UTC 2021

On Monday, 12 July 2021 at 23:57:37 UTC, Scotpip wrote:

> Given that this will be the first encounter with the language
> for many users, you might want to consider addressing this to
> create a good first impression?

For a long time, the installer did not include 64-bit binaries on
Windows for good reason. I didn't even realize they were now
being distributed (and even if I had I wouldn't have noticed rdmd
was missing, as I don't use it).

I see that someone already reported this in our Bugzilla database
a few months back as an enhancement. Given that the installer
still adds the bin folder to the system PATH and not the bin64
folder, I wouldn't be surprised if very few people have been
affected by this, meaning it likely hasn't caught the attention
of anyone in a position to fix it. I'll bump the priority and
make sure our pull-request manager knows about it.

Thanks for bringing it up here.