wanting to try a GUI toolkit: needing some advice on which one to choose

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 16:20:19 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 1 June 2021 at 15:38:51 UTC, someone wrote:
> It is a mature field, they peaked in the late 90s early 00s.
> What came afterwards was mainly decoration/cosmetics because
> the hardware evolved to being able to handle it. But the
> concepts, what a combo-box is, how it works, etc, remained set
> on stone. Of course new controls were invented but most of them
> were for corner-cases or things quite specific like a UI for a
> pro-audio console mixer.

I don't really agree with this, most of the interesting things
for specifying UIs are happening in web-frameworks/web-standards
nowadays. But it doesn't matter...

If I were to make a desktop application in D today then I would
have chosen to either embed a browser-view and use that for
interface, or electron. Not sure if has been mentioned already,
but it is an option.