looking for work-around: _d_assocarrayliteralTX segfault assigning a shared associative array an AA literal

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 01:31:03 UTC 2023

On 6/13/23 8:02 PM, mw wrote:
> On Tuesday, 13 June 2023 at 22:21:10 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> As far as I can tell, this problem has been occurring for a long time.
>>
>> BTW, you don't need to define it in global space, just:
>>
>> ```d
>> void main()
>> {
>>    shared aa = ["abc": "123"];
>> }
>> ```
>
> I have to ask the old-timers on this forums: looks like the dlang
> built-in AA has caused us too many problems, I'm just wondering which
> (dict / map) library on https://code.dlang.org/ provides the best
> (reliable and convenient) drop-in replacement of the built-in AA?

I started one, but haven't fleshed out all the pieces:

https://code.dlang.org/packages/newaa

This is literally a drop-in replacement for an AA as it uses exactly the
same algorithms and layout. In fact, you can cast it to an equivalent aa
and it works.

I would accept PRs and issues if you want to use it. The hard parts are
done, it just needs API.

-Steve