If D becomes a failure, what's the key reason, do you think?

Brad Anderson brad at dsource.org
Fri Jul 7 13:15:10 PDT 2006

Boris Wang wrote:
>>> Sure,
>>> D could benefit from having more cool libraries available (but if there
>>> were a few thousand more fans of D out there it, we could fix that
>>> problem
>>> in just a few weeks). ;)
>>
>> Hmm,may be, first of all, you can make patch for D, or you can take part
>> in
>> the decision of a feature.
>
> I'm sorry. I should say:
>     first of all, we can make patch for D, or we can take part in
>     the decision of a feature

Wow, I really don't understand you.

You're saying that we should make and/or offer patches for D or discuss new
features so D can advance?  Meaning, before the thousands of fans that jcc7
talks about show up?  i.e. do something now instead of waiting for the masses.
 That is actually a constructive thought.  But it's what a lot of people are
already doing and have been doing for quite a while.

It sounded to me like you were asking jcc7 to step up and do something.  He
already has.  If I was mistaken, I'll just retract the harsh words.  But it
doesn't get you off the hook.  Start contributing to something that helps D,
and do it soon.

BA