Prime time???

Tiberiu Gal galtiberiu at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 00:24:11 PST 2006

On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 22:31:26 +0200, Walter Bright
<newshound at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> Charlie wrote:
>> I've been fretting over the same thing, and a 'moving target' describes
>> it well.
>>  With all the new additions recently I stopped holding my breath, I
>> figure at this rate it'll be another 3 years for a 1.0.
>
> But isn't every language a moving target? Doesn't it make sense to just
> start using it?

For most of us D is the spare time language, unfortunately - just because
it's name is 0.x! I'm sure that the same compiler named 1.0 would change
this into making D the  first option in many projects.

For instance, I made a small DWT replica of a SWT application we use at my
company.
It's stable and faster, but it wasn't accepted in use because D is 0.x!
... people are superstitious this days