Text in D article

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Sat Nov 18 06:08:09 PST 2006

Daniel Keep wrote:

> Here's a draft of an article which, hopefully, will explain some of the
> details of how text in D works.  Any constructive criticism is welcomed,
> along with edits or corrections.

I would avoid the term "Unicode character" like the plague...
If you must have something similar, then use "code point" ?
It's OK to have it in the casual text, like "ASCII character,
BMP character, Unicode character" but better not in the lists.

It also has an example on why: printf("Hello, World!\n");
doesn't work. But it does, since string *literals* are all
NUL-terminated. However, when you then try to extend that
to a string variable, and that variable contains a slice...

--anders