DMD needs branches

Jari-Matti Mäkelä jmjmak at utu.fi.invalid
Thu Apr 12 09:57:46 PDT 2007

Sean Kelly kirjoitti:
> Walter Bright wrote:
>> torhu wrote:
>>> I'm also having the same problems with my D projects.  I just added
>>> 'doesn't compile with 1.011' to the readme.txt for one project.
>>
>> What doesn't work with 1.011?
>
> One issue mentioned last night is that the -H feature of DMD generates
> output containing "ref" where "inout" was in the original.

I reported it and Walter marked it invalid. If inout is going to be
deprecated in the future, I guess it's ok that way. I just wanted to
point out that the programmer might have different intentions when using
'inout' and 'ref'. Then it would be important for the library user to
see the correct keyword. If 'inout' is going to be removed anyway, it
may not be worth the effort adding support for both. Just my 2 cents. :)

> And
> apparently there is some sort of problem either parsing the resulting
> header file or linking against the implementation.

Actually it was in rebuild. I didn't notice it didn't yet support the
new syntax.