D Con 07 videos

Alexander Panek alexander.panek at brainsware.org
Mon Dec 10 05:41:42 PST 2007

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:23:29 +0900
Bill Baxter <dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com> wrote:

> To be a little less facetious, Brad's going to organize it again and
> Brad lives in Seattle, and his employer in Seattle graciously donates
> the facilities for the gathering.  Also Walter and Andrei are both in
> Seattle too.  Thus it is in Seattle again.

No offense intended, but this is a rather deficient argument. Even
though I appreciate that it is being organized, I don't see a point in
excluding a big part of the community by holding it in the US again.
It's just not affordable to go to the US for most of us. I suppose the
same applies to your situation.

> I'm sure there would be nothing but applause if someone volunteered
> to organize a Euro D conference in 2008 also.  You may even be able
> to convince Walter to pay his own way there, but if you're going to
> do it the courteous thing would be to pay for his plane fare and
> accommodations, perhaps funded by charging a registration fee.

IMHO, everyone should pay on his own if possible. Anything else is
going to be a matter of communication between all participants. We
could even have a pool of money for those who couldn't attend because
they are students, or similar.

Ad the other reply: is it cheaper to go to Europe or to USA from Japan?

--
Alexander Panek <alexander.panek at brainsware.org>