code blockd IDE

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Thu Jan 18 00:37:48 PST 2007

just jeff wrote:

> Code::Blocks has been around for quite a while. Have you tried its D
> support? I'm curious to know whether it's any good...

Code::Blocks currently supports D as a "C/C++ compiler", that is it
thinks that DMD or GDC is some weird compiler with strange flags...
Support for D "proper" and support for Mac OS X has been pushed to
past the 1.0 release, in other to not delay that for another year.

That doesn't mean that you can't use D (or Mac) now, because you can.

> Whilst I'm all for ubiquitous support for D (and without having used
> Code::Blocks for D), I think that Poseidon and the Descent project
> will both dwarf whatever support Code::Blocks has for D, and be more
> suitable overall (given that Code::Blocks is very much focussed on
> C++).

The "native" D projects will probably be better (even ported from Java),
the advantage of using old C++ solutions like wxWidgets / Code::Blocks
is that you can use that bigger old code base and community for help...
And this is why the IDE projects for wxD 1.0 will be Code::Blocks 1.0.

http://wxd.sourceforge.net/#codeblocks

--anders