Phango - questions

Jeff Nowakowski jeff at dilacero.org
Sun Nov 18 16:34:09 PST 2007

Janice Caron wrote:
> I think it's more that words were /taken/ personally when they were
> not intended as such.

The problem is you presented your argument as either they did something
amateurish or petty, without first asking if they had deeper reasons.
It's clear from the responses they that had valid reasons that involved
neither being petty nor amateurish, even if their decision can be debated.

So I think if you changed your tone you could have had a much more civil
and productive discussion.  Even now you claim they are being petty with
a rival product.  There's a big distinction between "this way is better"
and "let's be incompatible because we don't like the other guy".

By the way, the charge that one of the posts following yours was a sock
puppet was legitimate.  It was the first thing that crossed my mind.
Doesn't mean you did it, but it's a valid suspicion.  If you think it's
valid to point out motives as amateur or petty, then it should be
equally valid to point out possible sock-puppetry.  Maybe not so helpful
in either case?

-Jeff