Tango requests

Kris foo at bar.com
Mon Nov 19 03:37:18 PST 2007

"Regan Heath" <regan at netmail.co.nz> wrote in message

> Heck, Alix is in the same position right now.

He is? I don't recall saying anything particularly negative to Alix. Tried
to get him onto IRC instead, which he ultimately did (thank-you Alix) and we
had a long and essentially productive discussion. It's quite unlike this
environment, because you /have/ to interact with people instead of perhaps
crouching behind a keyboard as some appear to do.

>  No doubt I'll get some of the same treatment shortly

Why Regan?

If you were ranting about how Tango cannot be used because of some minor
stylistic conventions, while advocated forking the library because of that,
and at the same time had been happily discrediting the team (this is the
second thread on this topic)  .... well, you'd probably get some pushback
also, Regan. You and I have been down that road, but we can still see
eye-to-eye. I'm very happy to say.

If this were a serious topic, then by all means let's talk seriously about
stylistic changes. That might be a worthy reason to discuss the Tango style
elements, and there might be something pertinent to debate or consider. But
this thread? It's hard to pick out anything of value Regan. There's just too
much misinformation and stylistic preference. I'd rather just get on and
listen carefully to the people who are willing to post tickets or discuss
things rationally.

There's plenty of people who use tango and would prefer it had some
different style here and there. Yet, they don't decry the package, or the
people responsible. They post tickets, based upon real world use-cases. We
make changes. These people are not the armchair quarterback types -- they
make requests based upon their real experience with Tango. We make changes.
Lot's of changes. We have to focus our limited energy somewhere, so that's
where it is focused. When there are tangible concerns about Tango in this
newsgroup, then they will warrant serious attention. That's not to dismiss
out of hand the concerns a few people have, but we find the interactivity of
the IRC channels to be far more conducive to progress than the misconduct
shown throughout this thread (and the prior related one).

I understand that may not be how you see things, and that's cool. There's
also a thread called "Tango Development" that I'd like to hear your input
on, if you'd be so kind?