D Conference Tango Phobos

renoX renosky at free.fr
Sat Sep 15 15:55:56 PDT 2007

TomD a écrit :
> Anders F Björklund Wrote:
> [...]
>> The same can be said for DMD... Fortunately both are open source ?
>
> :-)
>
>> Patches to Phobos can go into GDC, just like compiler patches can.
>>
> well, the last thing we need is just another fork.
>
> What really worries me is the total absence of Walter in this
> discussion. I had another look at Tango and again came to the result
> I do not like it. It would really be a pity seeing Phobos going down
> the drain.
>
> Ciao Tom

Well you're not alone in not liking Tango: I find quite strange that for
example they imitated C++ streams which isn't a very successful feature
of C++: I've worked on quite a few C++ projects and each time people
used printf instead of C++ streams..

That said, Tango's 'wideness' is interesting, Phobos is really too small..

renoX