D Conference Tango Phobos

BLS nanali at nospam-wanadoo.fr
Sat Sep 15 16:18:54 PDT 2007

renoX schrieb:
> Well you're not alone in not liking Tango: I find quite strange that for
> example they imitated C++ streams which isn't a very successful feature
> of C++: I've worked on quite a few C++ projects and each time people
> used printf instead of C++ streams..
>
> That said, Tango's 'wideness' is interesting, Phobos is really too small..
>
> renoX

Be asured I am not a C++ fan, but in order to port C++ sources to D,
this is allready a win. f.i. I've seen several database-implementations
using, guess what ..,or what else ? IMO it is more a : " I am used to do
it this way" thing,than a rational reasoned opinion.

And beside; Using printf ? You can't be serious.
However kind regards;
Bjoern