Polishing D - suggestions and comments

Unknown W. Brackets unknown at simplemachines.org
Wed Jan 23 02:56:44 PST 2008

Yes, of course.... but that's what specialization is all about!  I may
know a thing or two about the web, but I could never begin to write a
programming language.  Closest I can get is a low-end scripting
language.  Growing a project is all about getting people with good
skills together.

To add user comments to the site, the Ddoc-generated files could be
output to template files (read: no differently), which might then be
used by a system which would interpolate those with user-comments.

There's no reason you would need to change your process.  There's no
reason the documentation has to be dynamic any differently than it
already is (Ddoc is a part of D, after all, and a good one at that.)

Vandalism can be handled by moderators.  Likely, with a situation like
this, comments would not become public until they were approved.  Also,
with the right server- and client-side coding, spam can be minimized.
It really would only take maybe three people checking each once a day
and that would probably be well-sufficient for the time being.

I am by no means suggesting you need to throw everything out the window
and start doing things some strange way.  After all, I wouldn't do that.
  But a little interactivity can go a long way.

-[Unknown]