Runtime Support

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Sat Jul 26 09:19:42 PDT 2008

== Quote from Oleksii Skidan (2210122 at mail.ru)'s article
> Hello everybody, I wonder if there's a way to disable run time support? For
example, C++ is loosely tied to RTTI, exceptions and other run time stuff, and G++
gives us a way to disable them: --fno-rtti, --fno-exceptions etc... I guess other
compilers do. But it seems no way to do the same thing in DMD or GDC.

There is no way to do this.  For better or worse, certain language features rely
on the existence of compiler-generated TypeInfo.  People /have/ asked in the past
for some way get rid of TypeInfo if they don't want it, but the request never got
anywhere... probably because it would break these language features.

Sean