Spreading the word about D

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 06:18:44 PDT 2008

Most of the ways to promote D are already being worked upon, such as good
compilers, websites, blogs, libraries, tools, etc. I think D is doing
relatively good on the web with spreading information / The Word.

I can think of two things that could use more attention: systems programming
and applications.
Systems programming and embedded devices could be an area where D faces
little competition. If it will be used more here, it may also gain
confidence in other areas.
Most important may be applications. One or two 'killer apps' may attract a
lot of attention, whether it is freeware, open source or commercial. For
example, Kenta Cho's games most likely did a lot of good for D in the
Japanese community at least.