The future of D 1.x

Dominik dominik at REMOVETHISvga.hr
Sun Aug 16 08:17:57 PDT 2009

"Lutger" <lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:h68ngs$1efm$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Though they overlap, phobos and tango do have different scopes and
> somewhat
> different programming styles.

I understand taht completeley. I was more making a general statement that
one of the reasons I am not considering D2 because of Tango being D1 only.

> Would you consider using D2 if Tango was available for it?

I would quite possibly consider it then since I believe fully in the
competence of Tango people - their work has proven me that they know their
stuf and I use Tango exclusively (I've started first with D1/Phobos). Tango
not being available for D2 yet sends mixed signals - it is either that D2 is
not considered stable yet for any effort of making a D2 version yet, or D2
is considered not good from the perspective of D1 users.

I have dabbled a bit with D2 and it seems like a different language to me,
but if Tango would be available for D2 - that would signal me that people
that I trust and are more competent than me to judge a language are
confident in D2 enough, so there would be much more reason for me to go
through with it.