new DIP1: DIP Template

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+d at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 12:31:52 PDT 2009

Leandro Lucarella Wrote:

> Jesse Phillips, el  8 de julio a las 02:04 me escribiste:
> > FYI, you could have a DIP as a subpage to DiPs, which in turn could be a
> > subpage to LanguageDevelopment. Personally I'd suggest a Proposal subpage
> > cantaining the DIPS, which in turn hold any pages they need.
> >
> > http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?LanguageDevel/Proposal
> > http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?LanguageDevel/Proposal/DIP1
> > http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?LanguageDevel/Proposal/DIP1/
> > DiscussionArchive
>
> That's a good suggestion! I like it. If nobody complains about it I will
> use the new structure.
>
> BTW, I used "DiP1" as wiki page because DIP1 wasn't recognized as a wiki
> page. Do you know if it's possible to use DIP1?

You can name the pages in whatever manner you wish, you just won't get auto links. If you do [LanguageDevelpoment/DIP DIP] it works fine. If you want to use spaces you can either use {{Page and Spaces}} which is the entire page name, for renaming something you must use 2 _ [Page__and__Spaces link].

As for moving the page, the content must be move by hand, then the old page content can be replaced with:

#REDIRECT NewLocation

> I'd like to use this structure:
> LanguageDevel/DIPs/ (index)
> LanguageDevel/DIPs/DIP1 (current version)
> LanguageDevel/DIPs/DIP1/Archive (previous versions)
> LanguageDevel/DIPs/DIP1/Archive/Revision1 (previous versions)
> LanguageDevel/DIPs/DIP1/Archive/Revision2 (previous versions)
> LanguageDevel/DIPs/DIP1/DiscussionLinks (links to discussions)

Please no. There is no reason to archive in that manner, the page edits already have versions. If you want to archive "final" changes, then use a single /Archive page which references as specific archived change.

My suggestion for DiscussionArchive is probably your DiscussionLinks, i.e. the links to newsgroup posts.

Hope that helps.