IDE for D? Recommendations?

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Sun Oct 25 04:39:45 PDT 2009

Tiago Carvalho wrote:
> I don't know about the D support, but codeblocks is not really outdated.
> If you get the "nightly" builds the last version is from October 10
> 2009. They are usually very stable (full with bug fixes and new
> features), by now I would say even more than the version  in the main page.

Nothing too much changed in the D language support, though ?

It is still treated as "a weird dialect of C++", and e.g.
the wxWidgets templates for D have not yet been included.
(and of course the D syntax highlighting and code completion
has some issues, due to it mostly being intended for C/C++)

But yes there's some stuff at http://forums.codeblocks.org/

It should still be working OK, just seemed like most had switched
to using LDC and Descent by now rather than GDC and Code::Blocks.
And just like with GDC it isn't anything that couldn't be fixed
(D in Code::Blocks), if there was enough interest in doing so...

--anders