Container insertion and removal

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 6 19:13:16 PST 2010

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 19:41:57 -0500, BLS <windevguy at hotmail.de> wrote:

> ..and frankly said I wonder .. no offense.. why you are the (only) one
> who is creating and designing the collection library ?
> finally :
> from a pragmatic view > why create from scratch instead of reusing
> Stevens data-structures..

We have had private discussions, and we have fundamental differences of
opinion for what belongs in containers.  It may be that through trial and
error and constructive discussion we come up with the same conclusions, in
which case I'm sure we will combine forces (recently, I think we both
moved our points of view closer, but not quite there yet).  However, I
will not stop maintaining dcollections as long as Phobos' collection
solution does not implement the features I think are important.  I am in
the process of porting/improving dcollections to D2, and when it is done,
I think it will have some really useful features in it.

-Steve