The Next Big Language

so so at so.do
Mon Oct 18 04:23:08 PDT 2010

Thank you,

First point is a good one and explains Go's popularity and it is hard not
to agree that D fails on that one, no can do.
But is the second one applies to languages? I mean you can sell an OS with
a killer application or a computer but a programming language?

The set of features a language have is the most important point imo, but
the real pain is, how do you think you are going to explain this to
programming community?

One thing i find very strange about programmer community, you would
normally expect them to be above normal, expect them to be rational, but
they are no better, most of them are just bunch of language warriors. We
have some of them in this board too and Reddit is full of them, you can't
reason with them.