D1 to be discontinued on December 31, 2012

Bane branimir.milosavljevic at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 13:50:12 PST 2011

> Forum/Registered Users, Unless you are regularly cleaning out inactives
> this number means nothing about a current userbase.

Purpose is not evaluating size of community but to be able to keep in touch with it.

> pool/email pool? Are people emailing that I havent heard of. I am on a
> quite a few mailing lists I cant remove myself from due to lost
> passwords, or just a lack of caring.

Any decent forum has unsubscribe link in each email it sends. Password is not required.

> Alot of times I just feed them to
> my spam filter and they stop showing up anymore. I am still a registered
> user though. This number means nothing.

Interesting. Answering on email pool would be too much effort. Writing comment on newsgroup isn't.

Anyways, D "community" can't really speak its mind here. Here it is 5-10 regular users that are persistent enough to dig trough loads of mixed information, some important, most of it not, on this NG. Most users have no time to check this place every other day so they can say 'please, don't discontinue D1, I am using it' or anything like that when important matter arises.

Sending question to users is more correct way to obtain opinions than to wait people to stumble on this thread here. It won't happen for most D users. Ever.