More on the necessity and difficulty of a package management system

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 15:06:27 PST 2011

D's deployment is helped a lot by being compiled. We could just
use native package systems (deb, rpm; whatever works for C works
for D too) and/or static linking to ease the case of pushing
something to a live server with zero* outside dependencies.

* Well, one: libc I guess. But that's pretty easy to manage.

Of course, compiling is another story. I said my piece in a
recent thread, so I won't argue that again :)