Article discussing Go, could well be D

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Jun 9 00:36:30 PDT 2011

"Jeff Nowakowski" <jeff at dilacero.org> wrote in message
news:ispo9o$f4e$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 06/08/2011 03:55 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>>
>> It's not that I have anything against Pike or Thompson. I don't. I
>> just think that as dumb as it is to use ad hominem reasoning in the
>> first place, it's even dumber to invoke it in such an anachronistic
>> way.
>
> Then don't do it yourself. Your Pike bashing was uncalled for. The
> author didn't say anything about Pike except to mention him as one of
> the original developers. If he was gushing over the man or saying Go is
> worthwhile because of him, then you'd have a point.

And no, the author wasn't *just* mentioning him as one one the original
creators:

"I was a bit skeptical when I read about Google's new programming language.
I simply ignored the news. After all, the next New Great Language is just
around the corner. Some of them enjoy a phase of hype, but then fade again,
others stay in the spheres of irrelevancy [Linked to the D homepage], while
yet others will be ready for public consumption any decade now.

Some time later I stumbled over it again. This time I took a closer look.
One thing I didn't notice at first: One of the inventors is Ken Thompson of
Unix and Plan9 fame, and he was indirectly involved with C as well. Now if a
new programming language is designed by someone who already served in the
trenches of the great mainframe era, maybe there is something to it."

So he flat out *states* that he passed over D and gave Issue 9 a try
*because* of what was done decades ago by one of the people involved.