D Blog...

Lloyd Dupont ld-REMOVE at galador.net
Fri May 20 08:03:27 PDT 2011

Thanks for the feedback.

Hey I might give a new go at DFL then. I like Entice the designer support.
Well I could give a go at DWT as well, so I could make my own inform
opinion!

My initial conclusion my have been skewed by the fact that I had a hard time
just compiling the damn thing! :)

Will have a look this week, thanks for the correction.
Much worthy feedback if I can use the designer in the end! :)

"Jesse Phillips"  wrote in message news:ir5u0m$20o9$1 at digitalmars.com...

Lloyd Dupont Wrote:

> I just wrote an article on my blog (not much happening on it though, I
> confess..)
>
> Which should explain to a .NET programmer how to have an easy and
> satisfying
> start with D:
>
> http://www.galador.net/codeblog/post/2011/05/20/D-for-NET-programmer.aspx

While I can understand why you have come to your conclusion, you're wrong.
DFL and DWT both work with Phobos and DWT recently works with D2. Also you
don't need the dm.zip for D1, it was purely a packaging thing which is fixed
on both versions.

Otherwise great job. The troubles you've hit are not uncommon and most
people here just work with the command line.