D is back on Tiobe, now in position 23

Peter Alexander peter.alexander.au at gmail.com
Sat May 21 12:40:44 PDT 2011

On 21/05/11 7:02 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
> I disagree that it is useless.  It is interesting on two grounds:
>
> 1.  If you have any sort of idea about what they are actually measuring
> and are careful no to over-infer, it is a very interesting measure of
> what is interesting to people in the Web-verse.  It is a measure of
> "buzz".

It doesn't measure buzz.

What are the 'buzz' languages at the moment? Clojure and Scala are both
definitely buzzing at the moment and generating a lot of interest on the
web, yet Scala isn't in the top 50 and Clojure isn't even in the top 100.

If you can show me in any way how the programming language "Avenue" is
buzzing more than Clojure (or is more popular on any measure) then I'll
be impressed.