wxC & wxD

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Tue Nov 29 00:19:05 PST 2011

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 08:47:01 +0100
Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:

> BTW, I don't understand what people has against DWT/SWT.

First of all, I don't have any experience and as I wrote in another
thread, looking at http://www.eclipse.org/swt/community.php - Ports
section does not boost enthusiasm:

- Fox port last news dated Sep 16, 2005
- Swing port - 2007-08-20
- D port based on 3.4 while 3.8 is in active development.

Moreover, list of SWT-based apps tends to be quite short.

> In my experience it's the toolkit that offers best native look and
> feeling.

It could be, but it is, somehow, not very well accepted.

> Note that I have no experience with wx but the screenshots on the
> site looks really bad.

I don't understand - if wxWidgets use native widgets on Windows, Linux
and Mac OS X what can be bad then?

SWT does support, afaik, same toolkits on every platform as wxWidgets?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Never was there a time when I did not exist,
nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future