Is D more cryptic than C++?

bcs bcs at example.com
Wed Nov 30 21:34:05 PST 2011

On 11/30/2011 08:47 PM, Abrahm wrote:
> "bcs"<bcs at example.com>  wrote in message
>> A while back I built a tool to do automatic translation of C# to D1.
>
> Oh, so you prefer the easy tasks then! Noted. (Embedded sarcasm defined:
> Try going from D to C#! A very much harder, end of the chapter
> excercise).

The direction was not by choice, we had a C# code base a need to run on
Linux and a good reason to not us Mono.

>> Aside from a small number of language features, a large number of
>> libraries and a significant amount of freedom w.r.t. formatting, the
>> darn thing worked!
>
> Well, don't make it out to be an accomplishment of the "harder"
> end-of-chapter excercises when it is actually in the easy section.

I never claimed that it was complex! In fact I, my point is better
supported by it being simple.

>> (Debugging it was "fun", as in running diffs of million+ line execution
>> traces. But then I'm crazy enough to do that!)
>
> Your need for "praise" and whatever, noted. I can't help you with that
> (not that I don't want to or that your need isn't an indicator of
> something wrong).

I'm not bragging, Even if I was, the only thing I could brag about there
would be bull-headedness. It would sort of be like you bragging about
how hard it is to find adjective that describe you that are usable in
polite company.

>> Up shot is that for some applications, those languages aren't really
>> that different.
>
> That's really good. You're well on your way to completing the coursework.
> Gold star. Keep up the good work.

You *really* have zero idea what my point is don't you?