religious programming

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Oct 11 10:55:24 PDT 2011

On 10/11/2011 2:57 AM, Gor Gyolchanyan wrote:
> Can anyone help me out in this quest of enlightening people?

There was the same thing with C programmers when C++ was new. People would
insist that they could do OOP in C, and yes, they could. I've seen it. It works.

It is awful, though.

People who were willing to learn new things moved on to C++. The C community
didn't go away, but it did become a community of very conservative programmers
who resisted anything new. Look at the evolution of the C standard since then -
change is practically nonexistent. All the people that wanted change moved to
other languages.

So I wouldn't worry about it. We need to concentrate on making D the best we
can. To help spread the word, the best way is to write articles about D.