IDE Support for D

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 6 16:15:57 PDT 2012

On Sat, 7 Apr 2012, Manu wrote:

> I use VisualD, and it's currently borderline. It has recently gained the
> minimum useful feature set, but still has quite a few bugs. It's promising
> though. Hoping there is a new release soon with a few of the critical bugs
> fixed >_<
>
> If there was a SublimeText integration, I would pay good money for it...
> (actually, I would pay good money for VisualD too if it became solid)

up front: not picking on this email specifically, it just happened to be
handy and represents a common problem with this community.

A large number of people are in the 'want things to be better than they
are camp' and are looking at projects that are largely one man projects.
I can just about guarantee that one man projects will die, it's only a
matter of time.  If you truely want to see product-X work for you, lend
some of your time.

It doesn't take a lot of help to greatly improve both the quality of a
product and the liklihood that it'll survive much longer, but it does take
some.

My 2 cents,
Brad