Mascot for D

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Sat Apr 7 02:02:02 PDT 2012

On 04/07/2012 10:35 AM, BillWendt wrote:
> Apparently, then, when you have no substance, the cure is to get a mascot?

These are orthogonal concerns.

> Good products "sell" themselves. If D lacks market share after being
> introduced 10 years ago,

10 years ago, it was not a language I would have used. (In fact, the
same probably holds for a time span of only 2 years.)

> do you REALLY think a cutsie-tootsie graphic is going to help?

Why do you assume it is intended to?

> Hello.

Hi.

> That said, I would like to know HOW MANY is this group of soldiers fighting
> for D's resurrection and saving of the world.

It never died.

> Seriously. How many?

That is completely unimportant.

> Also, I would like to know, in a consolidated way, what the hopes are of those
> "soldiers". (I think I may know, even if they don't).

I enjoy using D. Popularity contests are childish.

> Lastly, I would like to know if there are any developers (or programmers,
> and yes, there is a difference) here that have not ever worked with C or
> C++.

So what?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worse_is_better

> (Yeah, I tend to be blunt. Deal with it.)

(Well, why do you tend to be blunt? Most people are not like that.
Also, why do you care?)