How can D become adopted at my company?

SomeDude lovelydear at mailmetrash.com
Fri Apr 27 16:31:32 PDT 2012

On Friday, 27 April 2012 at 23:28:09 UTC, SomeDude wrote:
> On Tuesday, 24 April 2012 at 12:50:27 UTC, Eljay wrote:
>> ---
>>
>> And the most important bit of information:  I use vi (Vim).
>
> I think that the type of application where D is proving itself
> right now is high performance server applications, and
> particularly web servers. D seems completely fit to replace
> Java on most server apps, with both better performance and
> better memory usage.
> The web interface to the newsgroups, as well as the recently
> revealed vibe.d web server seem to support this view.
>
> D can handle both batch and real time treatments really well I
> think. That is where it can gain a lot of weight in the
> enterprise, even before games and scientific applications.

The other thing that would make it attractive among the C++
developers, would be the development of a lightweight, high
performance, minimal library that doesn't use the GC at all.
Ideally, it would be compatible with Phobos. I bet if such a
library existed, flocks of C++ developers would suddenly switch
to D.