Moving towards D2 2.061 (and D1 1.076)

Kapps opantm2+spam at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 20:01:07 PST 2012

On Monday, 10 December 2012 at 23:47:49 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> We've debated this feature at length in various threads. It's
> under heavy use by some people. It does not break any existing
> code. I don't see any unresolved issue that should delay its
> incorporation.

Right now, holding it off won't break any code not relying on an
unreleased version of the compiler. Releasing it, then having to
make changes will break code though. There were plenty of
discussions about UDA stuff that never really got fully resolved.
For example, whether only specific types should be allowed to be
used as annotations. These things should have been fully decided
before UDA's were implemented, because otherwise we may end up
with an inferior approach for the sake of not breaking code, or
breaking code because a feature was not fully fleshed out before
being released.