killer App for D? (was: State of D on iOS/Android)

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Feb 2 09:55:17 PST 2012

On Thu, Feb 02, 2012 at 06:50:42AM -0800, J Arrizza wrote:
[...]
> So... Will D and Android GUI libraries be able to replace Java in the
> next two years? Is there a commitment or direction towards that end?
[...]

Somebody just has to do it. IMNSHO, talking about it isn't going to
accomplish much. It's up to the community to produce the library/set of
libraries that will allow easy development in D for Android. If nobody
is currently committed to do it, then somebody should take the
initiative to do it. Waiting around for "official" recognition will only
waste time.

Just my $0.02.

"I suspect the best way to deal with procrastination is to put off the
procrastination itself until later. I've been meaning to try this, but
haven't gotten around to it yet. " -- swr