killer App for D? (was: State of D on iOS/Android)

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Sat Feb 4 11:30:50 PST 2012

Am Thu, 2 Feb 2012 20:10:55 +0200
schrieb Manu <turkeyman at gmail.com>:

> On 2 February 2012 17:18, Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
> > On 2 February 2012 14:50, J Arrizza <cppgent0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > So... Will D and Android GUI libraries be able to replace Java in
> > > the
> > next
> > > two years? Is there a commitment or direction towards that end?
> > >

> > Not replace, but it is my goal to certainly have it a viable
> > alternative, just as you could alternatively use C/C++ on Android
> > instead of Java.
>

> Have you experimented with the android toolchain? Successfully built
> a GDC for it?
> I'm keen to get on with it the moment a working toolchain appears,
> regardless if druntime/phobos builds/works.

Here's a toolchain, can't guarantee that it works though ;-)
http://www.mediafire.com/?i5at6mlzo60y4
(linux only, 32bit)

Couldn't test the toolchain in any way yet. I think to compile you'll
need to uses the --sysroot switch:
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Directory-Options.html
and you'll have to use -fno-section-anchors of course.

A druntime build is included, but it maybe won't work at all.