Review of Jose Armando Garcia Sancio's std.log

Jose Armando Garcia jsancio at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 08:12:44 PST 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 1:50 PM, David Nadlinger <see at klickverbot.at> wrote:
> There are several modules in the review queue right now, and to get things
> going, I have volunteered to manage the review of Jose's std.log proposal.
> Barring any objections, the review period starts now and ends in three
> weeks, on March 6th, followed by a week of voting.
>
> ---
> Code:
> https://github.com/jsancio/phobos/commit/d114420e0791c704f6899d81a0293cbd3cc8e6f5
> Docs: http://jsancio.github.com/phobos/phobos/std_log.html

Updated the document an implementation to reflect every suggest for I
replied to with the exception of providing a format parameter for
thread name. Should have that ready later today. Let me know if I
missed anything. API changes:

1. Dropped log!info("message"), etc. Use info("message), etc.
2. opCall now alias to format. Ie. info("Format %s message", Severity.info).
    this means that to concatenate strings you need to
info.write("Hello ", "world");