Improve anchors for ddoc (dlang.org)

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sat Feb 18 15:45:29 PST 2012

On 2012-02-19 00:27, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Saturday, 18 February 2012 at 22:45:12 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> That's not the correct way to handle the problem. The ddoc generator
>> should be fixed, not add another tool that tries to fix the problem.
>
> Yea, I'm doing the anchors in ddoc (see my other thread,
> I also want to fix the encoding probblem).
>
> But I still think more complex things like tables shouldn't
> be in the compiler. It complicates it a lot. Eventually,
> you'll want something external anyway to do things like
> listings, tags, overview, search.
>

> But, the anchor should be a relatively easy fix.

The compiler should try to provide as much information as possible (that
makes sense), anchors, cross-referencing, inheritance hierarchy, and so
on. Then it's up to the user how to use/display that information. Either
using plain HTML or combined with JavaScript or similar.

The ddoc generator in Descent can already handle these things: anchors,
cross-referencing, inheritance hierarchy and so on.

--
/Jacob Carlborg