Inheritance of purity

so so at so.so
Sat Feb 25 15:25:50 PST 2012

On Friday, 24 February 2012 at 00:01:52 UTC, F i L wrote:

> Well then I disagree with Walter on this as well. What's wrong
> with having a "standard" toolset in the same way you have
> standard libraries? It's unrealistic to think people (at large)
> will be writing any sort of serious application outside of a
> modern IDE. I'm not saying it's Walters job to write IDE
> integration, only that the language design shouldn't cater to
> the smaller use-case scenario.
>
> Cleaner code is easier to read and, within an IDE with
> tooltips, makes little difference when looking at the
> hierarchy. If you want to be hard-core about it, no one is
> stopping you from explicitly qualifying each definition.

Debugger is the single tool in VisualStudio that i failed to
replace in unix land.
I have tried many of them and they all sucked. They are either
incomplete or crash too often. Command line gdb is not much of an
option. The situation is so bad that looks like i need to go back
to the VisualC++/gvim combo.