Hiatus, Improving Participation in D Development

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Sun Jul 15 08:46:37 PDT 2012

On Sunday, 15 July 2012 at 04:02:48 UTC, dsimcha wrote:
> 5.  The amount of stuff on this forum and the mailing lists has
> become overwhelming.  I've recently remedied this to a small
> degree by unsubscribing from dmd-internals.  I've never been a
> contributor to the compiler itself and had only subscribed to
> this list to track bug fixes and 64-bit support implementation.
>  Now, the signal-to-noise ratio of my inbox is good enough that
> I actually read the Phobos and druntime stuff again instead of
> just glossing over all my D-related email.

I take it you are referring to the GitHub commit messages which
are relayed to dmd-internals? Because except for those (which I
just made a filter rule for), the list is really quite
low-volume. Maybe we should create a dedicated d-commits list to
which all the GitHub notifications get sent, similar to what
other projects have? The occasional post-commit discussion could
then be continued on one of the repository-specific lists, just
like they are now.

David