Incomprehensible compiler errors

cal callumenator at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 17:06:42 PDT 2012

On Monday, 30 July 2012 at 23:40:02 UTC, Stuart wrote:
> I have no problem with DMD. DMD is a perfectly reasonable
> Windows executable. I am objecting to the frustrating way DFL
> is compile-it-yourself and doesn't work; and also the
> frustrating way there isn't a single working IDE or GUI
> designer for D.

If you're willing try yet another IDE, I use Code::Blocks on both
windows and linux, and while the intellisense or whatever C::B
calls it is usually a waste of time it is at least completely
stable and integrates OK with ddbg (which itself is not perfect,
but...). It recognizes D syntax and it doesn't take 5 minutes to
start-up. People also seem to like Mono-D.

Like Dmitry said, rdmd can be a big help, since you just compile
your main and it will find the dependencies.