Incomprehensible compiler errors

Stuart stugol at gmx.com
Tue Jul 31 19:50:07 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 1 August 2012 at 02:35:13 UTC, Bernard Helyer wrote:
> Now Stuart, I'll apologise if I have caused offense, and offer
> a question -- where are you getting your DFL sources from?

You'll apologise if telling me to fuck off and stop wasting
everyone's time caused offence? Oooh, I dunno how likely that
might be. I want no help from an unreasonable twat like you.

Incidentally, I was getting the DFL sources from the official
repository.

On Wednesday, 1 August 2012 at 01:30:07 UTC, q66 wrote:
> You are ignorant, no matter whether you have a BSc in software
> engineering or not; you've had enough chances to prove that you
> are. Also, maybe you should - I don't think anybody really
> gives a fuck.
>
> Bernard's reaction was entirely reasonable, spewing ignorant
> bullshit all around and then being like "hurr durr i have a bsc
> from software engineering, no wai" deserves no better.
>
> "fuck off faggot"

Uhuh. Another cock.

> Any help you can give will be most appreciated by the D
> community.

If this kind of abuse is indicative of the "D community", I'll
keep my help to myself.

> I certainly wish you'd stay. I don't believe Bernard is
> representative of our community.

Perhaps not, but he's certainly lowering my opinion of this forum
and its members. I would like to point out AGAIN that my claim of
a BSc in Software Engineering was not bragging; but simply a
statement that I was not "ignorant" of the general principles of
coding and of C/C++. I fail to see why it has immediately earned
me large amounts of abuse.

While I appreciate the help of some people on here, it seems this
forum is populated at least 50% by complete cocks. Also, as it
stands, D is NOT USABLE for any serious purpose (such as writing
an application); and I'm not prepared to put up with the level of
abuse and trolling that's coming my way. You may notice I
insulted nobody who didn't insult me first.

I don't mind a bit of banter and bad language, but I draw the
line at personal attacks. Either they stop or I do.