How to use D for cross platform development?

Chris W. wendlec at cd.ie
Fri Mar 30 03:13:53 PDT 2012

That's all great stuff. Thanks guys. I think in this respect D
could really take off, i.e. as the natively compiled, portable
"core language" that can easily interface to platform specific
frameworks through C and C++. This, among other things, got me
interested in D in the first place. I think developers are less
and less willing to re-implement their programs (or portions of
it) for each platform – especially now that mobile devices add
yet another array of OSes to the market. It's a question of time,
money, maintenance and last but not least of trying to avoid more
work (doing the same thing really).