D dropped in favour of C# for PSP emulator

Mehrdad wfunction at hotmail.com
Fri May 11 16:51:46 PDT 2012

On Friday, 11 May 2012 at 21:53:06 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> I know that haskell has such a function, and there were a
> number of complaints previously that we _didn't_ have an any
> function which does exactly what std.algorithm.any now does.
> It's a very functional approach to use predicates like that and
> I get the impression that it's common in other functional
> languages based on other's comments. The only one off the top
> of my head that I _know_ has such a function though is haskell.

Again, I know enough FP to know what predicates are, and of
course, this is common in functional languages.

Even Scheme has a 'there-exists?' function just for this purpose.

I wasn't saying having "such a function" is weird -- I was just
asking if you know of any languages in which the NAME is "any()",
since I would've imagined it to be something more intuitive like
"exists()" or "contains" or "has" or whatever.
(I was giving C# as an example, because C# uses "Any()" to mean,
"are there any elements in this list?", NOT with the meaning D
uses.)