Request for Review: DI Generation Improvements

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Wed May 16 22:39:59 PDT 2012

On Wed, 16 May 2012 05:46:44 -0700, Steven Schveighoffer
<schveiguy at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 15 May 2012 05:51:44 -0400, kenji hara <k.hara.pg at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Old days import/core/thread.di was generated from src/core/thread.d .
>> Current import/core/thread.di is generated from src/core/thread.*di* .
>
> Huh?  Why the copy?  Just move src/core/thread.di to
> import/core/thread.di
>
> object.di lives in import/core, I think it should be the same for all
> the hand-maintained .di files.
>
> FWIW, I thought thread.di was being generated because of this.
>
> Also, I agree that thread and object are the only modules that need to
> be .di files.  Everything else is already opaque for the most part, and
> the pieces that aren't are just supporting code that can be visible.
>
> What we need to protect is the runtime implementation, so projects
> cannot depend on private APIs that may change.
>
> -Steve

I have a waiting commit that will move thread.di to import/core and
updates the makefiles accordingly, however, I need Zor's threading pulls
merged before this can happen.

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/214/
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/204/

--